Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why is it that I can always think of witty things to say but when I go to put fingers to keyboard my mind becomes a blank slate? Maybe I just don't think that anything I have to say is very important. But, I do have a lot to say.
First and foremost, why am I a mean mommy? Well, I don't think I am but my 6 y/o does. My husband thinks I am sometimes, too. My 16 y/o doesn't call me mommy anymore so I am no longer the mean mommy to him just the uncool female parental unit. So, back to the main point.....I am the mean mommy because I want my kids to do their homework and keep their bedroom clean, eat healthy and get exercise, not watch hours upon hours of mind numbing television, video or computer games. I am also a mean mommy because, and this is a good one, I actually want my kids to do something the first time they are told/asked. I know, I know wishful thinking. How about the second time? I'll take that.
My 6 y/o tells me that I am always mad at him. Well, I am not always mad but I also don't have much patience. Take now for instance......he is currently sharpening his pencil when I have been telling him for 20 minutes to do his homework. He has mechanical pencils!! He knows what there is to do for homework but just likes wasting time and procrastinating. He also has to leave for tennis in about 15 minutes. How long has it been now? Still sharpening. He has moved from the kitchen with a manual sharpener to his bedroom with an electric sharpener. What is a mean mommy to do?? But, hey, I am keeping my cool.
So, now that I have proven to be a mean mommy, here's what else I am. I am opinionated (but usually just flood my husband with my opinions). Let me just clarify that just because someone is opinionated that is not necessarily a bad thing. When people hear opinionated I think they tend to think judgmental and I am not really that. Well, maybe a little. I am afraid of voicing my opinions for fear of hurting people's feelings. I have a ton of pet peeves most of which have to do with driving, spelling and the lack of punctuation people use while type typing. Mostly driving, though.
Hopefully I will keep up with this, at least just to vent and get stuff off my mind rather than sitting around and perseverating about it. I really do have a lot to say, a lot of complaints and just general stuff about being a mean mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee-someone I know starting a mommy blog! I've been waiting for this ;-) For what it is worth, I was informed that I was a mean mommy tonight because I make my preschooler go to bed at 7 when I get to stay up until 10. She thinks this is just horribly unfair and I shouldn't be allowed to be downstairs, eating, when she is forced to sleep. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete