Thursday, April 28, 2011

Organized Chaos

I live in a world I like to, shamefully, call Organized Chaos. And, it makes me miserable! So, here's my vow: I will take positive and aggressive steps to reduce the clutter in my life. I should start by saying that I am by no means a hoarder. I am just extremely unorganized. I have no problems throwing things away, I just have trouble organizing the things I want to keep. Like I have said before, I have great ideas but I lack the ability to follow through. I also have a bit of OCD where I feel that I have to touch everything and look at everything before I can toss it or put it away. I feel that everything has a place and should always be put back in that place and I need to get my family on that same line of thinking. It drives me nuts when I go to look for something and it is not in the place where it was supposed to be. I guess maybe I am such a perfectionist that I give up due to frustration and I also don't know where to start. So, here goes. I am posting this here because it kind of gives me people to be accountable to. My husband found a great online tool for me to use to make a "to do" list. I have already marked one thing off and that was getting new sneakers. They are the most comfortable sneakers I have ever worn but that's another story. I am off to mark something else off my list. Follow through is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment